Saturday, January 15, 2011

Crushed roasted carrots with pine nuts, raisins and goats cheese

This was really nice for lunch served with warm, crusty wholemeal bread. Serves 1 but you could scale up for more, or serve with other salads and bread. Might also be nice sprinkled with some flat leaf parsely (I didn't have any.)



2 carrots
handful pine nuts (toasted in a dry frying pan)
a few raisins
tsp or so cumin seeds
juice of a small orange (I squashed a Clementine and ate the rest)
about a tsp clear honey
a few blobs of nice soft, mild goats cheese

to start I scrubbed and chopped the carrots – I cut them down the middle lengthways and in half. Then seasoned and roasted them in a bit of olive oil for about 50 mins or so at 170 degrees C.

the dressing is pretty easy. I toasted the cumin seeds then crushed them. I mixed the honey and the orange juice, and added the raisins to soak in there to plump them up a bit while the carrots were roasting. I added the olive oil that the carrots had been roasting in to this at the end, and plenty of black pepper.

When the carrots were done I squashed them lightly with a fork, and poured the dressing over. Then sprinkled with the pine nuts and added a bit of goats cheese. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment